1. Promote mutual communication, among European statisticians, especially for young statisticians by the active connection among European National Statistical Societies;
2. Increase the collaboration between National Statistical Societies, by simple operational actions:
2.1 Sections interchange in the national meetings. National meetings of European Societies are internationalized by increasing mutual participation via the exchange of researchers, by the exchange of the organization of sessions on relevant topics in the meetings of the members’ Societies. In this way national research excellences are promoted at an international level;
2.2 Joint meetings among Societies on specific topics of interest for two or more European Societies;
3. Educational Activities. As part of the internationalization plan the Federation encourages the immersion of doctorate and post-doctorate students in Statistical Sciences in international research networks. Doctorate and post-doctorate position in Statistical Sciences will be announced in the website of the Federation.ECAS, the European Courses in Advanced Statistics will be included in the Federation and shall serve as the institution to organize advanced courses in statistics;
4. Secure that more European funds are dedicated for research and education in statistical Sciences by requiring it at the European Community level;
5. The Statistical series entitled “Studies in Theoretical and Applied Statistics”,Two lines of books are published in the series:A “Advanced Studies”; B “Selected Papers of the Statistical Societies”,organized by SEIO, SFdS, SIS, SPE and published by Springer, will be opened to the Federation of European National Statistical Societies;
6. The Federation will collaborate with other international statistical organizations and in particular with ENBIS.